What is Mind-Body Medicine (MBM)?
Mind-Body Medicine is based on scientific understanding and evidence that our health is affected by our minds (what we think), bodies (how we take care of them) and spirits (connection to something outside ourselves). They are all inextricably connected and we have the capacity to make changes in our behaviors and thoughts to positively impact our health and well-being. We accomplish this through increasing awareness and taking steps towards being healthier and more vibrant.
Mind-Body Medicine offers practical, evidence-based techniques to improve health and well-being. The techniques, and supporting information, is drawn from the world’s healing traditions and modern medicine. They are adaptable to a wide audience of different cultures, ages and backgrounds. Skills taught include meditation, guided imagery, biofeedback, and the use of writing, drawing and movement to access greater self-awareness.
Who Can Benefit?
This work is beneficial for anyone who wants to make healthy changes and learn techniques to reduce stress and increase self-awareness. People of all ages and backgrounds have successfully completed Mind-Body Medicine groups.
- Reduced stress, self -regulation of the autonomic nervous system
- Increased health and healing: physically, mentally, emotionally
- Increased self-awareness, self-care and self-trust
- Improved relationships with family, friends and colleagues
- Enhanced productivity
- Creativity stimulation
- Community and workplace connection
- Clarity on life decisions
Topics That Can be Addressed
- Biological Underpinnings of MBM
- Guided visualization and imagery
- Body Awareness
- Nutrition and Mindful Eating
- Genograms (family tree)
Breathe to Freedom
Contact via email
Contact via email